HOA/Condo SB-326 Inspection Service
Don’t wait until the last minute to schedule your inspection!
Are you an HOA board member? Do you own a condominium in California? If so, SB-326 affects your building! Failing to comply with this deck and balcony law could result in fines, fees, and other disciplinary action.
Fortunately, compliance and peace of mind are just around the corner.
At Deck and Balcony Inspections, Inc., we provide SB-326 inspections for property owners and managers like you.
We serve all of California with professional SB 326 inspection services – get a FREE quote today
What needs to be inspected?
California’s SB-326 law applies to all exterior elements that are elevated more than 6 feet above ground level that are designed for human activity.
As such, a SB-326 inspection must evaluate the following exterior elements:
- Stairs and landings
- Elevated walkways
If you’re not sure which elements of your building are covered by SB-326, contact our team for a free consultation and quote.
What is the deadline to comply with SB-326? (and what happens if I don’t?)
Buildings affected by SB-326 must complete their initial inspection by January 1st, 2025, with subsequent inspections every nine years. But don’t wait until the last minute – beat the rush by scheduling your inspection today.
After the inspection, the completed inspection report is submitted to the Homeowners Association board, the property management company, and (if warranted) the local code enforcement agency.
If the SB-326 inspection uncovers any issues that require repairs, the HOA Board of Directors is responsible for coordinating the completion of all repairs within the timelines specified under SB-326 law.
If repairs are not completed within the timelines specified, the local building departments have the authority to recover any costs associated with the enforcement of any violations that pertain to life and safety.
What happens during the SB-326 inspection?
Each inspection begins with a free consultation and estimate.
We use a combination of the following methods and tools to perform your SB-326 inspection:
- Visual inspection – backed by our 40 years of construction knowledge and experience
- Endoscopic imagery – allowing us to see deep within concealed framing cavities
- Moisture sensors – for locating damp areas prone to dry rot
- Infrared imagery – for pinpointing locations of moisture intrusion
When the inspection takes place, we will evaluate a significant sample of randomly selected elevated elements to achieve a 95% statistical confidence in the outcome of the inspection. With smaller communities this often equates to 100% of the exterior elevated elements being inspected.
Within 2 weeks of the completed inspection, we will deliver an interactive, easy-to-understand report that uses color to not only identify what is wrong, but also to identify what is right – and everything in between:
- GREEN (No problems found): No immediate issues were found, nor are any issues expected before the next 9-year inspection cycle.
- BLUE (Maintenance is recommended): Any potential issues are identified, along with steps to take to mitigate their progression, and what results can be expected if timely recommended maintenance is performed.
- YELLOW (Repairs are required): 99% of all repairs fall under this category. For wood structures dry rot is the most common culprit. Our reports pinpoint the exact location of each required repair and include information about when it should be addressed and whether building permits are required.
- RED (Immediate action required): If we come across a situation that imposes a threat to life or safety, we will immediately notify the HOA board. This includes identifying what actions must be taken as a result of this finding.
Homeowners associations are required to keep inspection reports in their reserve study for a minimum of 2 inspection cycles (18 yrs).
Why trust us to perform your inspection?
Here’s why California HOAs trust Deck & Balcony Inspections, Inc for their SB 326 inspections:
Our team has more than 40 years of experience. Our professional engineers and architects are fully licensed, and they understand SB-326’s requirements and standards. Read more about us here.
✔ Noninvasive Technology
We use non-invasive, non-destructive technology like moisture sensors and infrared imagery to inspect your building without causing damage.
✔ Interactive Reports
When we finish your inspection, we’ll provide a detailed, interactive, digital report that’s easy to read and easy to update during future inspections.
Comprehensive SB-326 inspections shouldn’t break the bank. We keep our costs low to ensure savings for you.
✔ Honesty and Reliability
We care about our customers and their tenants and residents. Let our expert team of architects and engineers ensure the safety of your building and the people who live in it.
Don’t wait to book your SB-326 inspection! Contact us today to get a free quote!
Get a free quote
"*" indicates required fields